Thursday, September 4, 2008

My first 5k!!

On Labor Day I ran my first 5k race with the in-laws over in Payson as part of the "Onion Days" celebration! It was freezing cold and raining almost the entire time but I found as I ran that the rain was really a blessing. It kept me nice and cool! The race was fun, I didn't do as well as I had hoped but I finished and that's good enough for me. Unfortunately me and my father in-law had a bet going on the race and even in his 'old age' he wasted me, by like ten minutes. Ha. So sometime in the near future I will be eating three pieces of garlic butter shrimp...yuck!! That's okay though, after I waste him next year he will have to accompany us to Disneyland. What goes around, comes around! Vince and Julie took 2nd place in their division, and Kelli who is one of our good friends from the neighborhood ran the 10k and took 2nd in her division as well. Good job guys!!

No comments: