Monday, December 1, 2008

MEMORIES

Well yet again I have the results of a long, sleepless night. This sounds depressing and while it may be, it's just easier to write about sad things for some reason. I dunno, guess I'm just a pessimist. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the product of three in the morning :)

"Every breath I take, every move I make."

There you are.

A memory standing in my path.

Funny how memories so good, so wonderful...

Can bring such feelings of loneliness and despair.

They begin at age fifteen, nearly six years ago...

The movie theatre where we first kissed, even though it took you a few tries ;)

The long way home we often took so we could spend just a few more minutes together.

Our song that you played on your guitar as you whispered the lyrics in my ear.

The star we spent so many summer nights gazing at and finally named our own.

The restaurant where we shared so many meals.

The path we always walked down, hand in hand.

The bench-where a little prom romance plus your dad made for one awkward moment.

Of course we can't forget the Wal-Mart where your camera incident took place ;)

The park where we had our first big fight.

And the driveway where we shared our last moments together, on that coldest day in July.

Everywhere I turn, you are standing right in front of me.

Everytime I turn around, my heart breaks again.

I long for the day in July when the sun comes out again.

The day when I will turn a corner to see you standing in front of me...and not just in memory.

1 comment:

We are... said...

Yeah...this is why i seriously don't think you will want to wait until the NEXT summer.....

This, I understand! It's definitely heartbreakable.