Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas time!


I have always enjoyed this time of year in the past. However last year and this one have been a little difficult because Danny is gone and I loved to share Christmas with the one I love. I have had a hard time not letting it get to me and not letting myself get depressed over it. One of the few things I have found that helps is to "count my blessings." So I thought it would be nice to post a list of a few things/people I am thankful for. Here it goes, in no particular order:

1. Danny for being such an amazing missionary, supporting me in all that I do, honoring the priesthood he holds, making so many memories with me, and for being my best friend and the love of my life!
2. My entire family especially for putting up with my whining and crying over the last little while.
3. My academy friends for helping me accomplish so much.
4. Dan's parents for making me feel like part of the famiy and helping me stay close to him while he is so far away.
5. Luke for all of the Sunday drives, Sunday chats, and concerts we've shared and for being the little brother I never had
6. Sam and Erica for always thinking of me and inviting me to do fun things, you guys make me feel so loved!
7. Whit and Jed for always being there for me and for having the cutest kids in the world...they are one of the few things that can always bring a smile to my face :)
8. My Young Women for always making me laugh, teaching me so much and letting me be their leader.
9. Austin and Carly for being one of the cutest couples around and painting a picture of what I want my future to be like.
10. My co-workers for listening to me and dealing with my bad attitude sometimes
11. My Academy teachers for teaching me how to be a cop and making me run until I puke and then some more ;)
12. My fellow Young Women leaders (Debra, Candi, Julie, Julie, Sarah, Bobbi, and Kelli) for being amazing examples to me and always being there for me and being amazing sychronized swimmers :) ha ha
13. Ali for being amazingly strong, keeping me company for the duration of two years and reminding me of how far I've come...hang in there Al!!
14. Katie Crablegs for being a good friend and reminiscing about our boys
15. Kent because he is a super awesome/strong kid and it's fun to be with him again
16. Hannah also for keeping me company and for enjoying Wal-Mart with me
17. Celeste for always talking me through things and giving me hope that tomorrow will come
18. My parents for letting me crash at their place still..and eat their food...and paying my insurance..and everything else
19. My car for not breaking down, getting me where I need to go and giving me a quiet place to think and ponder life
20. CSI for keeping me entertained on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday nights
21. NCIS for being the best show in the world and keeping me entertained on Tuesday nights (ha I am a dork yes)
22. My friends that are currently serving missions (Dan, Cody, Trav, Quinn, Clark) for taking two years and dedicating them to serving the Lord and doing it so diligently
23. My computer for making it possible for me to post this blog and also enjoy facebook
24. The Gospel for giving me standards and a foundation to base my life upon
25. The Yankees for spending billions of dollars and still sucking it up, showing us that when it comes down to it, it's all about team work...it's okay guys we will get them next year
26. The Scriptures for providing me a place to find answers and to grow closer the the Lord
27. My Grandpa Bylund because even though I was only two when you died, I know you are watching over me from heaven and I know you can hear me when I go visit you and talk to you..I can't wait to see you again :)
28. Elder Loveridge (Neil) for teaching Dan all he knows and for delivering the best Christmas present I have ever received
29. All the people in the Czech Republic for taking Dan in, feeding him and keeping him safe for me
30. The quilt Danny made for me because it keeps me warm and gives me something to snuggle with
31. The build-a-bear Danny gave me before he left because it gives me the chance to hear him tell me he loves me every night
32. All of my music because sometimes music is the only thing that keeps me sane
33. The Springville Police Department for letting me do so many ride-alongs with you guys and giving me a taste of what the job is really like
34. This Christmas because it's the last Christmas I have to celebrate without Danny!!!
35. All the other people/things that I have failed to mention because I am so richly blessed and when I take the time to look at the big picture...my life is wonderful
36.Most importantly my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ for being the only constant in my life and providing me comfort when no one else could...and for giving me all of these blessings

Thank you to all of my friends and family...I'm sorry if I missed you. Know that I love you and I appreciate all y'all do for me and I wish you a very Merry Christmas!!

Much love,
Colbs.

P.S. Sorry this is so lengthy

4 comments:

Erica said...

Colbie I don't think that was too long! I like to read about you! Another girls night soon? I think I need to have one because being with a boy 24/7 is harder than you may think! *just kidding* I hope you are having a good time at school!!

Robertson family said...

Love you colbs!!

Carly said...

Colbie, you are such a sweetheart:) We love you so much.

debra said...

What a great outlook you have... looking on the bright side and finding the things you're grateful for is awesome! Dan is lucky to have such an awesome girl waiting for him to come home and to start your picture perfect love story together as a Mr. & Mrs. You're amazing and I love you!