Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Dun Did It

My wonderful family, who helped me get here today!

Matt, Me, TJ, Luke and Chris...some of my best buds

Sgt. Hendricksen, one of our firearms instructors and one of the best police officers you'll ever find

Officer Johnson and Myself, she was part of my original academy group but moved up so she could work for BYU

Taking the Police Officer Code of Ethics Oath

Captain DeMille presenting me with my certificate!


Yay!!! I graduated!! The Police Academy is all finished, and to be honest it was a little bittersweet. You would think someone would be ecstatic about completing something that consumed at least thirty hours of your week, on top of your forty hour work week for the last ten months. It is a joyous moment, but I'm also going to miss spending all that time with the great friends that I made. At graduation, Captain DeMille played what he calls the stand up game. He reads something and if it is something you did, or applies to you then you stand up. The things he read off the list made me realize all the good times that we had and the fun memories that we made together. "Rugby", running stairs, doing push-ups for dropping batons, having five instructors breathing down your neck yelling mean things in your ear all while trying to assemble a gun and shoot six targets, scenarios, crashing on skateboards, beating people for simply mowing their lawn, etc. We really are like a family, we had good times, bad times, funny times, sad times, hard times and fun times and we all helped each other through them all. I hope that I get the opportunity to work with some of the fine men that I had the priveledge of attending the Academy with. I will never forget them and I wish them all the best of luck in all they do. Session 020; "let's kick ass, take names, dominate and own real estate!"

5 comments:

debra said...

Congrats to you! I'm sad I didn't make it to the big event, but I am so proud of you!

Nikki and Matt said...

Congrats girl!! That is a great accomplishment! I'm proud of ya!

Beagleys said...

Congrats Colbie! That is so so awesome! Way to go!

Just Nicole said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome!!

Erica said...

Congratulations Colbie! You are going to be so great at that!